Indian Visa Extension Due to COVID
India provides its visa extension services to the foreign nationals staying in the country. These services are provided by FRRO as a Foreigner Regional Registration Officer. These days you can get the Indian visa extension services online without visiting the FRRO office. You simply need to get yourself registered on the online portal of e-FRRO to have your visa extended and provide you an e-visa electronically which means that you would get your visa online through email and online portal. You can read more about frro visa extension Previously, in India you could only use the e-visa twice a year. But now you are allowed to use it three times a year whether it is for tourism, business or medical or any other purposes. Due to COVID-19, India became more active about extending visas to foreign nationals. As airlines had been closed due to the pandemic and the visitor in India could not go back to their home countries so they had to get their visas extended in order to stay in the country.
The visa extension services provided by FRRO are listed as follows:
- FRRO will provide you Indian visa extension for all kinds of visas and even visa on arrival too.
- If you have an emergency/exigency, your application will be approved by the authorities.
- You will be granted all the immigration services.
- There is absolutely no necessity for visiting the FRRO office to apply for the extension, all the services will be granted online.
- To get your extension of visa in time, you have to apply for it at least prior two weeks.
- Your visa details will be sent to you by email so keep in touch with it on regular basis.
- Payment process will also be carried online. The amount details will be sent to you by email or sms.
- FRRO will arrange an interview for you at the office and that is mandatory to attend.
Indian visa extension (regular,Longterm,e-visa):
There are a number of tourists who visit India every year. India is full of beautiful, attractive and historical places that a majority of tourists might want to visit. There can be many different reasons or emergencies for which visitors have to stay in the country. For extended stay they definitely have to extend their visas too. For the extension of Indian visa, the applicant needs to fill out a new application form of extension visa type. This service is provided by FRRO and nowadays e-FRRO is being vastly used to avail any kind of visa services. Indian embassy will be responsible for such consulate services.
There are a number of types of different visas. If you have to extend a visa for an applicant who is married to an Indian citizen, or has some other business in India the visa type will be changed to X-Visa. The types of visas which are able to extend are the following:
- Indian Business Visa
- Indian Conference Visa
- Indian Medical Attendant Visa
- Indian Medical Visa
- Indian Tourist Visa
- Missionary Visa
- Project Visa
- Research Visa
- Journalist Visa
- Entry (X) Visa Others
- Entry (X) Visa Spouse or dependent of Person of Indian Origin/Indian citizen
- Entry (X) Visa for dependents of Employment Visa, Student Visa, Research Visa, Business Visa
- Employment Visa
- Student Visa
Important Note: Visitors who need to extend their visas need to file their application for a Residence Visa. This will help them stay in the country with a proper place to stay.
Documents Required (FRRO)
For the process of your application submission of FRRO, you have to fulfil some requirements regarding your visa. It is necessary to follow the instructions mentioned below in order to submit your visa application successfully. Please take a look on following points:
- The first step would be clicking “Online Application Submission” and Indian Visa Extension option on the website.
- Edited or modified photographs by any software or mobile app will be rejected at once.
- A There is no need to upload the copy of your each document more than one.
- Make sure to prefer PDF format for scanned documents.
- Keep in mind that a single supporting document can have its multiple PDFs. The maximum size of a PDF should not be more than 1MB.
- An application that is completed having photographs and documents along with it is ready to be generated as PDF.
- A permanently saved application is only able to be accessible for re-printing.
Here are some requirements related to photographs that you need to fulfil, these are listed as follows:
- The standard format of your photograph is jpg, no other formats will be accepted.
- The maximum size of your photograph should be 1MB.
- While capturing the photograph, make sure that it represents full face, front view, and eyes open.
- The focus should be center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin so that there would not be any ambiguity while verification of the photograph.
- Plain light color or white color is preferred for the background of the photograph.
- Make sure that there is not be any shadow in the face or on the background of the photograph. It will effect the clarity and quality of photograph otherwise.
- Bring the same photo as used on the application form whenever called from office for any kind of verification.
- Your passport size photo should follow these dimensions (3.5 x 3.5 cm or 3.5 x 4.5 cm).
- The exact photograph must be uploaded, no borders needed.
- Tilted, distorted or blur photo would not be accepted.
FRRO Support Centres
Phone No. : 011-26711384
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : East Block-VIII,
Phone No. : 022-22620446
Email : email@example.com
Address : 78/1, Badruddin Tayabji Marg,
Phone No. : 044-28251721
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : No 26, Haddows Road,
Phone No. : 080-22218183
Email : email@example.com,
Address : 5th Floor, 'A' Block,
Phone No. : 079-26306606
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Barrack No. 2, First Floor,
Phone No. : 0183-2500464
Email : email@example.com
Address : Bureau of Immigration,
Phone No. : 040-29880374, 040-29880375
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Sardar Vallabhai Patel BoI OCR Complex,
Phone No. : 033-22818640
Email : email@example.com
Address : 237, A.J.C Bose Road,
Phone No. : 0522-2432431
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : 557, Hind Nagar,
Phone No. : 0471-2333515/ 2573512
Email : email@example.com
Address : AMRITH PLAZA, 1st Floor,
Phone No. : 0495-2323550
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : 20/1305, Castle View, Thiruvannur Road,
Phone No. : 0484-2611652
Email : email@example.com
Address : 2nd Floor, Airlines Building,
Phone No. : 0413-2275605
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Regional Registration Office,